Architectural Control Committee
Architectural Committee members include Jack Briggs, Jim Lampman, and Jack Donnelly. The function of the Architectural Committee is to ensure property values are maintained in our development. This also includes enforcement of the CC&Rs. Please note that the ACC must approve any improvements, additions and renovations prior to completion by the homeowner.
ACC Fines Procedure
To: All Grandrdge Meadows home owners
From HOA board of directors.
Subject: Procedure for implementing fines.
In an attempt to uphold the livability and property values of Grandridge Meadows homes, owners agreed to abide by rules codified in the subdivision’s Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&Rs).
The power to impose fines for non-compliance is contained in state law RCW 64.38.020 para 11, and Grandridge CCR 8.1.1.
Thanks to the excellent cooperation of home owners, violations are relatively rare, and usually corrected when pointed out.
When violations do occur, a notice (see attached) will be delivered to the home owner or mailed that will contain:
• A clear statement of the violation.
• A specific reference to the CC&R being violated.
• A clear statement what must be done to correct the violation.
• A table showing that the letter is a warning but that if the violation is not corrected there will be a HOA board-approved fine of $25 and that the fine will escalate to $100, and then $150 each time the violation is not corrected.
• A line stating the deadline by which the violation must be corrected and a new deadline with each subsequent violation.
• A statement that the owner may call the ACC and ask for a longer period of time and is entitled to appeal the ACC’s actions to the HOA Board.
• A statement that when fines and non-payment of dues total $300 a lien could be levied against the property.
• A statement listing which ACC member inspected the property and his phone number.
• A list of the remaining ACC members and their phone numbers.
Before a fine is imposed, a majority of the ACC members must agree to its imposition.
The inspecting ACC member will inform Grandridge's management company of each fine imposed and the management company will mail the fine notification letter. Warning notices will be delivered to the home by an ACC member or mailed by the management company if the ACC member requests that.